Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thing 21

I loved looking at the Wiki's that different classrooms made. The Comparing Hemispheres one blew me away. It was such a simple format to explain hard to get science laws. I could tell the kids really understood. I wonder how long it took to make and plan that wiki.
I think this would be an awesome tool. I already have a plan to work with the librarian next week and make a wiki on which students can upload audio book reviews from the library. She is setting it up and I am providing the students and then we are taping together. I would like to continue this each trimester and expand it to my teaching website.
I also see the potential to create 2 other wikis. My sister is a Kindergarten teacher in Indiana, I would like to set up something with them, or my own children go to school in my didstrict. Maybe their teachers would like to collaborate on something.
The 2 major stumbling blocks I see are the use of computer labs in our school and time. Lab time is at a premium at our school. Also, because our school district went to Trimesters, I need to add our already existing curriculum into the wikis instead of creating more.

No comments:

Post a Comment