Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thing 23- The Journey Continues

As I go back and review the different topics that I have learned about over the last few months, I am blown away with the new things I have tried. This was the perfect introduction to a lot of possible resources. Now my job is to go back and explore the ones I feel will be most useful to my students. As I said in a previous blog, I need to rethink how I am going to teach my curriculum, and Web 2.0 gives me endless avenues.
I believe this is the "theme" of this class- to "rethink" . In the last 18 years, how students learn has changed dramatically. If I am going to reach my students, I must change too. They don't need to memorize as much information, but they need ways to manage and process it.
I need to make sure I do not get overwhelmed. I have a tendency to want to do everything at once. I need to start small and expand as I get better with the technology. I appreciate the fact we can revisit these resources and videos even after we are done with the course.
Next week I am going to have the students start writing stories on the wiki. I also want to create a wiki book review page. I plan on keeping up with my bloglines and podcasts.
Thank you for this wonderful opportunity.

1 comment:

  1. You're very welcome, and congratulations on your successful completion. Your ideas for using a wiki are exciting and a good place to start. Be sure to revisit the 23 Things site to refresh your memory on how to use these tools. Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete