Monday, April 12, 2010

Thing 3

As a Middle School English Teacher, I saw endless ways I could use my blog to interact with students. I see this as a wonderful way to get reluctant students to write, they don't realize they are writing. Besides as an informational tool for parents and students, my top ideas were to use my blog as a creative writing prompt, book reviews, interview tool, to showcase student writing, and for the students to comment on issues important to them.
I really liked the Hobo Teacher site, Gus the Teacher, and the High School Journalism Site. I had a hard time telling if they were written by the students or the teachers on some. Also, what is the copyright issue for items posted on a blog- can you pull things off of other sites if you credit the source? Is everything teacher /student original work?
I also found that I was drawn to the shorter blogs, the more elaborate or long, I tended to loose interest. The ones with the simplest designs, pulled me in further to explore. When I went back to my Thing 1 and 2 I realized I was rather long winded...

2 comments:

  1. I forgot.. I love the blog that had the donation spot!! I am going to use that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloggers love to refer to fellow bloggers writing. To avoid copyright issues, however, most people either link directly to the post or include a quote from another site with the author's name and a link to his/her blog.

    ReplyDelete